Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Life's Little Buddies

You got a little buddy?
I do. His name is Caden. He is 4 about to turn 5 in July.
I had to shoot some stuff for my church last night and it had been a long day at home for Wifey and the kiddo's so I told Caden to get his stuff he was coming with me. "I want to shoot pictures too Dad!" I heard him holler down the hallway. "Okay!" You can use your Mom's camera I thought. So he grabbed his crocs, his bag of skittles (all photographers must have their energy bars Mom) and his Mom's point and shoot digital camera. He took a few shots of traffic from the back seat of the Golden Grocery Getter (Triple G we call her) and had some fun.

We stopped off at the local Huey's for a burger and some mini-corn dogs and he asked me, "Dad, how many friends do you have?" Before I could answer he gave me multiple choice, "1, 2, 6 or 10?" I said 10 and he got excited. Then he asked me who my best friend was. "You" I replied and he really got excited.

He followed me around the church gym as I shot recreation photos of a basketball game and then on to the sanctuary as we shot some images for the local high school graduation being held on the grounds. He had a blast and matched me shot for shot just about. Here are a few of Caden.

Caden at the gym shooting me as I was shooting Basketball. I could see his reflection in my LCD screen on the back of my camera and I quickly turned and shot this one and the next one before he knew what happened.


He obviously got a kick out of this one.

This next one we were walking across the balcony of the sanctuary during the graduation commencement. The sanctuary holds roughly 4500 folks and it was full. He was a trooper as we shot from 3 locations and he was right there beside me every step of the way. I looked back to make sure he was following me and hadn't lost his crocs and saw the intent look on his face so I held the camera backwards and shot this without him knowing I was shooting, nothing fancy, but it tells a story.



Thanks for reading, I will steal his memory card tonight and might try to post some of his pics this week, we are shooting baseball and volleyball tonight. He's pretty excited about this one too. Guess I will have to be on the lookout for a beat up Digital SLR to get him shooting more if he wants too. This was a blast for me probably more than it was for him I am sure.

Hug your little buddy or buddies tonight and remember, good or bad, all we do will be passed down to future generations, lets make those things rewarding & Godly.

Thanks and God Bless.

Chris (& Caden)

2 Corinthians 7:1 -"Since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God." -Amen

1 comment:

Taylor H. said...

I miss Caden! He is such a sweetie. He's going to grow up to be a handsome young man. Congrats Chris, and your pictures are amazing.