Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I am alive and Yes, This boat is that BIG!!!!!


I apologize for being so behind, but frankly, I am way farther behind than you would think. Life is crazy, good but crazy right now. Here is a sneek peek.

2010 Basscat Jaguar - The Battleship Galactica or USS Mt. Home as I call it.
So on Monday I after my morning soccer practice workout with my girls team I make the drive over to Mt. Home Arkansas to shoot some pics for my buddies RP and GG. RP builds em', GG markets and makes these dudes look good in print and on the web. Me, I am just a button pusher. So, I show up to smell of new fiberglass and some sharp looking rides. The 2 most noticeable were the new Basscat Jaguars. These are 21-22 foot boats and are massive machines that are so easy to drive my Grandmother could drive it running 70mph with her hair on-fire. She wouldn't' but she could......
So anyway, once the dealers were taken care of we jumped right in an headed out. Marty Stone, my bald headed buddy from North Carolina jumped into the seat of my chase boat and I could not have asked for a better one, except for the time he got em wet from the spray of the other boat or the time he almost bounced me off the front deck, he did a great job. More on Marty in minute. Lets jump into pics and talk more there.
Here is a link to all the pics of the new Jag as seen on Basscat boats site, this gives you an idea on what the boat has inside and out that we shot, below is my death defying stuff.......yeah right.
This is the New 21-1/2' Basscat Jaguar - This thing is unreal, an absolute beast......Yes, I want one.
Here is Elite Series Pro John Crews getting it strung out. For a big boat she will run pretty hard. Would not expect anything less from a Merc powered BCB!
Here is Elite Series Pro Mark Tyler in serial # 2 of the new Jaguar - This one was set-up to run and run it did!
Another shot of Mark letting the Jag eat. Very cool rig.
Thought this was a cool shot off the back deck. Marty stepped on it and I came really close to being a hood ornament for that big Mercury!!!
Artsy Fartsy time.......
Earlier this year Elite Series Angler and good friend Kevin Short, aka K-Pink and I got together on a "Day on the Lake" photo shoot and we busted out the remote equipment to try a few things. Being new to remotes I wanted to play and K-Pink was willing so we did. On my drive up on Monday I started getting text messages from Kevin on some remote stuff we needed to try on the new boat. We had time for one, see what you think.
So we had time for one remote and we set it up on the trolling motor looking back. Last time we did this at 60 mph the camera nose dived into the carpet. I have some really good shots of the carpet if anyone wants one. This time I came prepared with a small tripod to put under it. K-Pink tested, BCB approved, the mount held like a rock, check it out.
Here we are rolling out. See Nimrod on the front deck. That is actually where I sit until we get up to speed. The shots of the boats from the front are shot from this position. Once they pass I lay on my stomach on the front deck and shoot the rear 3/4 stuff. Would not trade this gig for anything, the adrenaline rush when everything is humming is unreal...Trust me it rocks, but kids, do not try this at home or with any other boat, this is a BCB deal!
K-Pink is catching us pretty quickly, this boat would run.
Rear 3/4 with the remote labeled. This is where it hit me that I forgot to tether the camera to the boat in case it got loose.......oops! Thank goodness all was well or else K-Pink would have had a Canon tattoo on his fore head and I would have been out of equipment.
Handheld Shot from the chase boat.
REMOTE SHOT
Here is the remote shot. Same shot as above but different angle.......This front deck is huge, wish I had something to compare it to.
Here is another Remote Shot as me and my buddy get closer in the chase boat. I saw this later on the way home and wished we had dropped back a little so you could see my position in this deal, it's interesting to say the least......
This was the next frame as Marty and I sped up to move ahead of Kevin, you can see our rooster tail off the right side of the pic....
More Boat pics - Other models:
Here are some pics of some other models we shot while there. The Jag was the Belle of the Ball though.

Here is K-Pink with his hand in the air letting a P4 eat with a new 200 PRO XS - This is a bad motor scooter!
K-Pink getting silly, I think he likes running these rigs.......
Another P4 Pic.
Probably my all time favorite......K-Pink goes from 70mph to 25mph. He pushed this little 50 for all it had........
Thanks for reading and again I apologize in this being so late and not being updated in so long. It really has been a crazy spring and summer for me, but that's how it goes......
Click on the links to read more about BassCat Boats , Kevin Short
Take care and God Bless,
Chris
John 20:27

No comments: