Sunday, March 15, 2009

Birthday...Florida Style, Well Kind of.

So I'm 33 today, yep I admit it, the BIG 33, whoopee!!! Hey that rhymes! I'm a poet and don't know it.
Okay, seriously. I am in Florida for a much needed family vacation. This adventure started Friday in a Hyundai Sonata. 4 of us and all our stuff, all of it! in a Sonata.........I don't do well in tight spaces......But I made it. Now we are in a "new to me" Chrysler mini-van and feel like we're in a limo compared to the Sonata, did I mention I don't do tight spaces well?

Space Shuttle? In Florida?
So, we're in Florida and the guy on the radio tells me that the Space Shuttle is taking off at 7:43pm tonight. So, I punch in Cape Canaveral into the ol' GPS and BAM I'm 2 hours away. A little quick calculation and guess what! I can't make it in time. So, I do what the rest of Leesburg, Florida did, walked outside the house, looked to the east and there she was, The Space Shuttle in all her fiery glory, Here's a pic, honest! Seriously, I am 100 Miles away and dude on the news said, "WE HAVE LIFT OFF" and there she was, 100 miles away and climbing fast. My 4 year old loved it, my 1 year old was asleep, It lasted 3 minutes tops........... So we move on.
Livin' on a lake.
So we are spending a day or two with my Wife's Aunt and Uncle in Leesburg, Florida and then heading down to Orlando to see Mickey and his pals. Bill and Birdie live on a lake, a small lake but a lake. They have a lake, I have a camera, coincidence? I think not, like a fish to water, I meet Mr. Bird. Had about 5 minutes before dinner and Mr. Bird was cruising the bank looking for supper. I snapped a few. Enjoy!
Livin' Large.........
So whats a birthday without a cake?
Well, We made a stop off at my parents house in Georgia on the way down. (the whole Sonata vs. Mini-van saga mentioned earlier.) Anyway, Mom makes the best birthday cakes ever! seriously! and I am still enjoying that one while on the road. Gretchen's Aunt Birdie thought since I was staying here on my Birthday that she would join in the fun as well. Nothing like a bunch of Jelly Bean topped chocolate cupcakes!!!!! Here is my 4 year old giving me a hand with the candles and then cup cakes. Thanks Bro!

Okay, so this post was a little strange, I'm on vacation what do you expect? Until next time.... Thanks for reading and God Bless. More to come from Florida!
Thanks,
Chris

James 4:2

No comments: