Sunday, April 5, 2009

Remote in Detail

Okay, so my last post on the Passion Play was a bit rushed. Here is a little more in depth on the remote camera set-up and some shots. I know, exciting stuff......
So here is the set-up with more detail for you to see the complexity of this deal.
This is my Canon 30D with the 28-135mm lens. The focal point you will see in a minute.
So here is what the shot looked like with Nimrod (me) testing the remote.
The white deal next to me was the focal point. Tony, the MPP Production Dude told me the
basic area where the cross would be, I had to guess on the adjustment. I figured a center focus
point would get me there. I will let you be the judge.
Here is the wide angle shot again, this is from an actual seat on the sanctuary floor. I was firing this one myself and the remote was being fired off with the remote mounted on top of this camera. Shot with the Canon 50D and 100-400mmL "The White Whale"
This is almost the same shot with the remote. Again, I am 150 yards away and had no idea if this would work. I think it did and it did well. This was basically the reason this set-up was mounted where it was. Ths folks at Bellevue liked them and I am set to shoot again before the performances are done. Lets see if I can improve on them.
Thanks for reading and thanks to those of you who have sent encouragement and comments on this stuff, I appreciate the feedback, good and bad.
Have a great rest of the weekend and week, God Bless.
Chris
Psalm 23







No comments: