Sunday, May 17, 2009

Blind Squirrels

This past week I get invited down to the "Ponderosa" outside of Birmingham, Alabama for the annual Vicious Fishing Writers Conference. Vicious Fishing Line is a great bunch of guys who are much like Strike King Lure Company in the fact we are small and a pretty close knit group of folks. Alot like a family. Well they brought in some pretty heavy hitters Writer wise and a great group of Pro-Fisherman many of who I have known and a few who I got to know on this trip. All in all a great time was had and we even caught a few fish. I only shot a picture or two........thousand! and even found a couple of Blind Squirrels....(more on that later.)

Special Thanks to Chris Dutton, Glen Cunnigham & Jeff Martin of Vicious http://www.vicious-fishing.com for having us down to this years event. Enjoy the pics.

This is good friend Alan Clemmons from Huntsville. Alan is one of those heavy hitter writers I was mentioning earlier. Super cool Dude and one I look up to in writing and photography. If Alan tells you its good, its good, but he'll also tell you when it sucks. Check out Alan's outdoor blog at http://clembone.wordpress.com/


Recognize this Dude? The man in Pink, Kevin Short was on-hand with his lovely wife Kerry. Man I love these two, so much fun to be around and always ready to help out where needed. Here K-Pink lands a nice one on Lake P.


Another Angle.

On the way to the Bass Cat live well.

K-Pink's Jig of choice. He is one deadly Son of a Gun with this thing. He will be a force in upcoming tournaments.
Blind Squirrel.

Chris Dutton with Vicious is a huge photographer, He makes his living at it while I just blow my living on mine. Anyway, we got into a little backseat competition on jump shots of fish. Everytime I would get one he would see it and call "Blind Squirrel." Well, I can receive it and dish it and believe me I did. He had more Blind squirrels than me but it's all fun and games until someone loses a fish or gets a blurry jump shot.........Enjoy.

Blind Squirrel #2


No Blind Squirrels in this bunch. Jeff Reynolds is a long time Vicious Pro and he does a little work with Strike King as well. Finally got to shoot some stuff with Him and here are a few from the shoot again on Lake P.


Camera 1
Camera 2....Actually Camera 1 repositioned.

So G-Man Gerald Swindle shows up at the Ponderosa and I laughed until I cried and then until I hurt. I only have 2 photo's of him, well only 2 that wont incriminate him anyway due to the camera shake from laughing so dang hard. This guy is hilarious.
Here "G" is fishing with Alan Clemmons and caught "The lake record!!!!" It's a giant G!

Here he is teaching the finer principles of shakey head fishing.......I laughed so hard I forgot what he said. Thanks for the laughs G, that was a blast.
Last but not least is my good buddy Marty Stone of North Carolina. I know Marty through our Bass Cat Boats affiliation and we have become pretty good friends. I shot with Marty one time prior but it was a rush job. This was a little better. Enjoy.


Nice Grip and Grin with Stone.
Blind Squirrel
Nice one.
Last one.
Thanks for tuning in to this segment of Chris Brown Creative, brought you by all the fine folks of these fine sponsors.......Who am I kidding!
Seriously, thanks, for reading and I hope you have a great week. Until next time, God Bless.
Chris
John 6:20

No comments: